Friday, August 24, 2012

Review: 100% Pure Liquid Foundation

First, let me apologize about the lack of swatches in this post. My camera has gone missing, and I have been searching for it without luck. When I find it, I will update this post with photos of the product. In the meantime, I have worn this foundation in other posts so, you can refer to those if you would like.
 
100 % Pure's website describes this foundation as: "Rich and creamy, full coverage makeup that conceals all imperfections so you look like you have perfect skin without looking or feeling heavy. Crème to matted powder finish makes your skin velvet soft. Formula is enriched with antioxidant packed super fruits, vitamins and other skin nourishing nutrients. SPF 20 protects your skin from sun’s UVA and UVB rays. Colored from the pigments of fruits and vegetables rather than being colored from minerals or synthetic dyes."  There are seven shades, and this retails for $32.00

I'm just going to go ahead and say that I love this foundation. It's a medium to full coverage liquid foundation that doesn't cake up on me and blends easily. I would say the finish is semi-matte and makes my dry skin look very healthy without being too dewy or too flat. It does not emphasize my the large pores on and around my nose, nor does it make any dry patches I may have more obvious. Once the product dries, it does not smudge or transfer so, it's not necessary to set with a powder. If your skin is as dry as mine tends to get, this is a huge plus. I have been using this product for over a month now, and I have not broken out.

The lasting power of this foundation is phenomenal. I wore this product to a birthday party (without a primer)  at which I was roller skating for two hours. Needless to say, I sweated, but this foundation did not wear off AT ALL and looked perfect even after my skating adventure. I think that this foundation would work well on oily skin as well since it's a creme to powder finish and lasted so well even through my sweating.

I am in the shade Creme, and I will say that this foundation runs slightly orange. It's nothing that a little setting powder can't correct, though, and doesn't bother me enough to be a deal breaker. I do, however, wish that more shades were offered since this is a bit of a pricey foundation. 



Pros:

  • Good coverage without feeling heavy on the skin
  • SPF 20
  • No harmful ingredients
  • Setting powder not needed
  • Great lasting power
  • Vegan and Cruelty Free
  • Does not irritate the skin 
Cons:

  • Not a wide shade range
  • Runs a tad orange
  • A bit pricey
 Overall, I really love this foundation and would recommend it to anyone who is in search of a liquid foundation to try.

**This post is not sponsored, and this product was purchased by me.**

No comments:

Post a Comment