Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Project Get it Out!

I am lucky enough to have learned about animal testing early on when my interest in makeup started, but I still have some things in my collection that I do not consider to be cruelty free. As a cruelty free consumer, my goal is to only have cruelty free items in my collection, but this can be difficult as companies change their policies often. I am now more careful about where I choose to spend my money. I try to invest in companies that I am more certain won't sell in China or change any other policy that means that their products will be tested on animals.
I have gone through my collection and given away the items that are not cruelty free (and some that are) that I know I just won't be able to use up. I am a very impatient person, and I know that I won't be able to use up items that I just don't like. However, I would feel bad throwing them in the trash and wasting them so, I feel better giving them to someone who will use them. The products that I will be mentioning today are products that I think I can use up. 
You will see that these products are mostly lip products. I am one that tends to neglect lip products. I often will just use a lip balm. This is not to say that I don't have items in other categories that are not cruelty free. I have some eyeliners, a blush, and a couple of eye shadows that I have been working on using up, but I have been making progress on those. The point of this project is for me to put these products where I will have to look at them every time I open the drawer in my desk where I keep all my most used items.




You'll see that I have some Loreal, Revlon, and Nyx products. Hopefully by putting them in this drawer, I will be reminded to use them and make some progress. I am not allowing myself to give these away, because this is punishment! I need to learn to think more about what I decide to add to my collection. I am a person that hates clutter, and I want my collection contain only things that are cruelty free. 
I hope that you enjoyed! Do you have any items you want to use up?

No comments:

Post a Comment