Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pumpkin and Poppy One Ring Collection Overview and Swatches

Veggie Beauty has done it again. She's come out with another brilliant collection, and this one is based on J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. This collection features some beautiful autumnal colors based on characters and scenery found in the Lord of the Rings books and movies.This collection includes a cream highligher, two cream eye shadows, five mineral eye shadows, a lip butter, and a solid perfume that is only available when you order the entire collection for $66. You can purchase the full collection without the solid scent for $58. Of course you can also order individual pieces.



Lady if Light cream highlighter is a peach/gold with copper undertones. This product is based on Galadriel, known as the Lady of Light in the books. (And probably my favorite elf in the series.) This provides a fantastic, subtle highlight. This beautiful product is $9.75


My Precious cream eyeshadow is a bronzed gold. This color is based on the enticing color of the One Ring to rule them all, and in the darkness, bind them. $8.00


Lockbearer cream eyeshadow is a coppery brown based on the brave and loyal dwarf Gimli and his coppery beard and hair. True to dwarf nature, Gimli is ever a loyal companion, however gruff he tries to appear. $8.00


Shire is a golden olive green with orange/copper duochrome. This color is based on the peaceful, rolling green hills of the Shire, where the hobbits make their homes and enjoy stories, food, and generally lazing about. $5.00


Archer is a shimmer beige/gold with taupe undertones. It's based on the elven warrior Legolas's blonde hair and metallic bow and arrows. $5.00 

Left to right: My Precious, Lockbearer, Shire, Archer
Lady of Light cream highlighter

I love this collection immensely. All the colors are beautiful and the products perform phenomenally, as always. I think I am going to have to break down and buy the other two mineral shadows in this collection, Strider and Wise Wizard. I highly recommend everyone check out Pumpkin and Poppy Cosmetics and the new One Ring Collection, even if you aren't a Lord of the Rings fan. 


***Disclaimer: All products purchased by me. All thoughts are my own. I am not sponsored of affiliated with Pumpkin and Poppy Cosmetics.***

2 comments:

  1. Your photos and swatches are beautiful! I just discovered your blog - can't wait to see more! I just purchased the lady of light highlight and I'm so excited to try it out. Should have purchased one of the cream shadows too. Do they have good color pay off on you??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The cream shadows have beautiful payoff! They make beautiful bases, and I have seen some of my friends use Lockbearer as a cream blush as well. Pumpkin and Poppy does cream products very well. =) Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete