Thursday, December 27, 2012

OCC Skin Conceal Review





Website claims: More than just a concealer, OCC SKIN:CONCEAL may be the only product you’ll ever need for complexion perfection! Tested behind-the-scenes by the artists at OCC for over two years prior to its release, it’s passed the pro’s test for ease of use, coverage and endurance. Formulated from the finest vegan ingredients available, OCC SKIN: CONCEAL also nourishes and hydrates the skin with Cocoa Extract, Aloe Leaf Extract and Vitamin E for coverage that feels as good as it looks! Perfect for any medium from Digital Photography and Hi-Definition TV to everyday use and wear!

• An opaque but adjustable coverage, best applied with our #003 Concealer Brush
• Available in 12 multi-ethnic, internationally calibrated skin-tone shades.
• Paraben-Free and also free of Silicone, Petroleum and Fragrance
 $20 (8.5g)

I bought this concealer quite a while back, and I do like it. However, my skin is far too dry to wear it right now. It does not have a strong scent, nor has it caused me to break out. I got the shade Y0, which is the lightest yellow toned shade available. This color is a dead on match to my skin, and that is a rare find. It's so difficult to find a very light yellow-toned concealer. Most companies assume someone as pale as myself would be pink toned. 
The coverage this concealer gives is phenomenal. I would definitely say that this is a full coverage product. It blends right into my skin whilst covering what I need to be covered. I used this concealer both under my eyes and on blemishes and redness without experiencing any creasing or budging.  It gives a very natural. skin like texture. 
The ONLY qualm I have with this concealer is that it's not moisturizing on the skin. Keep in mind that my skin is very dry, and I was using this concealer with a full coverage foundation. I have not tested this concealer with the more moisturizing foundation that I have since purchased. I think that this concealer will be a fantastic one for me in the summer, and I do intend to try it with my Cowgirl Dirt Creme foundation. I think that this concealer would work wonders for people with normal and oily skin. People with oily skin should set with a powder.
 I really do think this concealer is worth trying, and I will keep you all updated as I try this concealer over a moisturizing foundation. I have also started using the 100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream, and that has been doing a fantastic job of moisturizing my under eye area so, I feel that should also improve the wear of the concealer. 
I hope all of you had happy holidays and that you all have a fantastic new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment