Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cowgirl Dirt Southern Belle Cream Foundation Review

I decided to try the Cowgirl Dirt Southern Belle Cream Foundation when I heard WheatenBeauty1 speak about this in her YouTube video. She and I are both very fair and very dry, and she loves it. I have to say that I am also a fan.

Website claims: Want all day coverage? Try Cowgirl Dirt Cream Foundation to create the perfect natural look. Our Cream Foundation's amazing blend of ingredients heals damaged skin, nourishes and moisturizes the face, and supports and protects the skin from the sun. This is a product sun-kissed cowgirls need every day. 
$24.99
.75 oz jar
Ingredients: Capryllic/Capric Triglycerides (edible plant-based oil), Zinc Oxide (UVA/UVB Sun protection), Certified Organic Beeswax, Natural Clay, Phytolipid Complex (Certified Organic Jojoba Oil, Certified Organic Rosehip Seed Oil, Neem Oil, Natural Vitamin E, Silica, Certified Organic Greed Tea Extract, Certified Organic Passion Flower Extract, Certified Organic Raspberry Extract, Certified Organic Lime Extract, Certified Organic Tangerine Essential oil (+/- Iron Oxides, Ultramarine, Mica). 
Available in 9 shades.
My shade is Warm Three

I apply this foundation over a primer. I ALWAYS wear a primer, because my skin is so dry. I have found that applying the foundation with the ELF powder brush is the best way for me. It will stay on all day without any problems, but I have found that it's best to work in light layers. Putting too much on at one time will cause it to move around, but once it has time to sink into my skin it does not move. It provides light to medium coverage and is very buildable and blendable. The finish of this foundation on my skin is dewy, but not greasy looking. I would say it's a healthy dewy. It has not caused my skin any irritation whatsoever. I love the ingredients.

The wear of this foundation is fantastic. It stays on ALL day. and I have worn it for 12 plus hours before. It can look a little dry after about 6 hours, but using a mineral mist fixes that right up. It doesn't settle into pores or fine lines, nor does it accentuate any dry patches I may have. This is a big deal for me since I tend to get patchy around my cheeks and between my eyebrows. It's also easy to blend powder products on top of this product. My bronzer and blush never looks patchy over it.
 
The only qualm I have with this foundation is the packaging. Having a jar you dip into over and over again isn't the most hygienic, but I'm not sure how else it could be packaged given the consistency of the product. It's something I can look over since I love the actual product so much. 

I would recommend this foundation to dry and normal skin types, and I think it would make a great winter foundation for oily skin types. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. I also want to try the cream concealer so, if you have tried it let me know your thoughts! 

I hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment