Thursday, February 14, 2013

Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer Review and Swatches




Website Claims:
We’ve combined the natural detoxifying effects of real cocoa powder with our signature bronzing pigments to create the ultimate matte bronzers. Perfectly suited for all skin tones, pale-to-deep, giving a touch of summer warmth all year-long. 
  • Matte Formula: Choose between the original Chocolate Soleil (deep matte bronze) and Milk Chocolate Soleil (light matte bronze) to achieve a perfect sun-kissed, shine-free glow.
  • Real Cocoa Powder: The neutral cocoa shade tones down red and evens skin tones, naturally, while exciting the senses with its signature chocolate scent.
  •  
    *Vegan-friendly 
    **Paraben-free
    .35oz
    $29

I've had this bronzer since the end of December, and I've used it every time I've done my makeup since I bought it. This isn't to say that I don't still love my Oak Bark contouring powder from Pumpkin and Poppy, but sometimes it's nice to give a product a break and try something new. (I have less than half of my Oak Bark left.) It's also nice to have something that's pressed. Sometimes it just makes things a little easier.
On with the review! This product is very soft in texture and very pigmented. Now, I've seen reviews that complain about Too Faced products being powdery, and they are. However, that doesn't make them bad quality. When working with more powdery products, it helps if you are a little more gentle with them. Pat or gently stipple your bush into more powdery products, and you will get a better result with less mess. As you can see from my photo of the powder, it just looks gently used even though I've been using it almost two months. Being gentle really pays off =)
This bronzer blends like a dream, and that's very important in a product like this. Especially on fair skin. As you can see in this swatch, this is a warmer toned powder. I have not had any problems with this looking orange or muddy on me. My skin is fair with yellow undertones. I do suggest that if you have more pink or neutral skin tones that you go into a Sephora or Ulta and test this on yourself before you commit to buying it.
This products does have a faint smell of coco, but it's nothing overpowering. I've not had any problems with break outs or skin irritation, and I've got sensitive skin..
If you want to spend $29 on a bronzer, I highly recommend this one. However, there are options out there at are just as good for a lower price. Pumpkin and Poppy has a warmer toned matte bronzer available for sale. It's the Tara Moisturizing Bronzer. I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard good things.

I hope everyone is having a great Valentine's Day. You can have a day full of love no matter your romantic situation. If you don't have a significant other, I encourage you to have a spa day or maybe just spend some time with friends and/or family. Life is what you make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment