Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Current Favorites

I am not a creature of habit when it comes to makeup. I use different colors daily, and so it's hard to gather enough things that are truly favorites on a monthly basis. However, over the last few months, I've scrounged up some products I've really been using and enjoying on a regular basis. 


I'll start with the Buxom Show Some Skin Foundation in Tickle The Ivory. I bought this to mix with my Jane Iredale BB Cream in BB1, because it can tend to be a little pink on me. It works beautifully for mixing, but I started using it on it's own, and I love it. It's got a light coverage that is build-able to medium and sits on the skin beautifully without feeling heavy. The tone of this foundation is more on the yellow side, which is ideal for me, and it's one of the lightest foundations I've ever been able to find in store. 

I started having problems with any product sitting nicely on my skin several weeks ago. I'm not sure if stress was just wreaking havoc on my skin or if it was the weather change, but my skin texture was much like that of a reptile. Foundation does not look good on top of reptile skin. Out of pure desperation, I bought the Urban Decay Optical Illusion Primer Potion, and I have not been disappointed. It fills in pores, blurs imperfection, and makes a great base for foundation to sit on. It doesn't feel heavy at all, which is so important for me since I live in Alabama. (AKA 7th Circle of Hell) 

I've been very much back into wearing false lashes lately, and the Kiss Blooming Lashes in Camellias have been my favorite. They're a little more on the natural side and work really well with more minimal looks as well as dramatic looks. 

On days that I don't have time to do more than winged liner and mascara, I still like to have a pop of color to my eye makeup, and the Colourpop creme gel colour in Prance has been my favorite. It also looks stunning with full on eye looks, and it lasts really well in the waterline. The color is just stunning. I have had mine for quite a while now, and the product is still creamy. Very good bang for your buck.

I hope that you enjoyed that and/found it helpful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment